Monday, January 30, 2012
Tomorrow is the last day to get the conference room rate for the one-day conference on child and adolescent eating disorders in Pearl River, NY, sponsored by Maudsley Parents. This fabulous one-day conference features some of the top experts in the field talking about how to recognize and treat eating disorders in children and teens:
• Debra Katzman, MD, will talk about where we stand with child and adolescent eating disorders
• Rebecka Peebles, MD, will talk about the medical side of treating child and teen EDs
• Katharine Loeb, MD, will talk about early interventions--what, why, and how
• Daniel le Grange will talk about working with families from both a therapist and parent perspective
• Evelyn Attia will talk about whether there's a role for medication in treating children and teens with EDs
This is going to be a truly remarkable conference, and I hope you can join me and my co-chair at Maudsley Parents, Jane Cawley on Friday, February 17, at the beautiful Hilton Pearl River hotel.
See you there!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Deepest thanks to the fabulous Marilyn Wann, who created the "I Stand for" project in response to Georgia's shameful Strong4Life campaign. I'm proud to be one of the many, many people who stand for something besides weight bigotry, shame, and stigma.
You can see the whole series on Marilyn's tumbler and facebook pages. They're a pretty inspiring bunch. If you'd like to participate, send your photo and "I Stand for" statement to Marilyn at email@example.com.