Monday, January 03, 2011

Project BodyTalk on 51% this Thursday



I'm delighted that the talented Susan Barnett, host of the nationally syndicated NPR show 51%, will be airing a segment this Thursday, January 6, on Project BodyTalk. This audio and web-based project collects commentaries (a la StoryCorps) on issues relating to food, eating, and bodies. This show includes a lively conversation between Barnett and myself, as well as clips from several audio commentaries made last year by faculty and students at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. You can hear the full commentaries on the Project BodyTalk website.

Here's a list of NPR stations that carry the show. I hope you'll tune in, and then visit the website to listen to more commentaries and upload your own.

Thanks to my amazing grad student from last year, Megan Swann, who took the photo above and created the website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to find air times for this program and don't seem to be surfing to the right places. Any help much appreciated :)

Harriet said...

Hi Deb,
Where do you live? Here's a list of stations that carry the show: http://www.wamc.org/prog-51-carriagelist.html

I think you'd have to go to your station's website and look for the show under the schedule or programming to find the air time in your area. Or listen online.

Thanks for your interest!

Harriet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I listened to the broadcast and I have to say that it was very good! I enjoyed listening to Harriet talk about Project Body Talk and it was eye opening to hear about other people's struggles with body image. Makes me feel not so alone. It is saddening that so many of us have a hard time accepting ourselves for who we are. I am glad people are sharing their stories and reaching out though.